A huge shoutout to Lena from Travelletters for the nomination of the Liebster Award 2017. As a newbie blogger, I had only heard of this award a couple of months ago. It’s not the biggest award ever, but it is a rewarding feeling for us new kids on the block.
The Liebster award first came about in 2011. It is a website award for bloggers and the recognition of bloggers to gain exposure. Bloggers nominate other bloggers, and with that comes questions, story telling and a logo we can place on our website showing the award nomination. Pretty cool if you ask me!
As noted, I was nominated for the award from Lena. I have been following her journey for quite some time now (I began my journey back in June 2017). We found each other through a Instagram group and keep up to date with each others accounts and blog page. Lena inspires me with her travels, her languages, her studies and her kind spirit. Her honesty comes through on her website where, rather than make everything seem perfect, she is real. Her articles about finding a place that didn’t look like the instagram photos and why digital nomad life isn’t the dream life for everyone were fantastic. I cannot wait to keep following your journey, Lena!
My favourite blog would have to be Hannah’s at Intrepid Introvert. While my passion for travel has always been strong, it wasn’t until late last year that I saw this digital nomad in travel appear. When I saw a video pop up on my Facebook feed about how she travels full time around the world I was fascinated. I reached out to Hannah with questions she receives everyday from plenty of people. A year later we are online pals and keep up to date with where each other are at and what the latest is.
As a fellow intrepid introvert myself, I can resonate with a lot of her stories and feelings. We hope to cross paths at some point to meet in person.
To let you know more about myself, here are 10 facts about me:
- I was born in Brisbane, Australia and so were my two other sisters
- My first international trip was in 2009. I now have 37 countries stamped in my passport
- I love traveling on my own. Don’t get me wrong, it can be hard at times. But I love the absolute freedom I have in taking my own footsteps in whatever direction I wish
- My dream in life is to become fluent in Spanish
- My favourite colour is rainbow, even though it is not a colour
- I am vegan and have been transitioning into a minimalist – it feels so good to get rid of things that do not bring value
- I told my parents when I was 9 years old I wanted to be a teacher. When it came time for university applications I realised I wanted to be an accountant – as I loved business & numbers
- My favourite numbers are 27 and 72
- One of my all time fav movies is Blue Crush
- I get tattoos when I feel inspired or something moves me in my foundation while traveling. Last one was in November 2017 on Maui, Hawaii.
Passing on the torch
After being nominated I then need to go ahead and nominate new bloggers as well for the award. I have chosen:
Kate from Plant Based Kate
Shekhar from Alfa Travel
Dan from I am Dan Elson
Chris from With a Backpack
Mai from My Big Home Essence
Rea from Cebuanaviajero
Jennifer from FeetPin Travelogue
It was great checking out all of your blogs! Next step, is if you choose to accept the nomination you will need to head here to read the rules. I also have questions for you to answer on your post. Yay for this circle of fun and getting some exposure into our blogging world!
Questions for my nominees
- What is your favourite international cuisine?
- When did you launch your website (approx.)?
- Who is your everyday hero?
- Where would you love to retire?
- Which place would you prefer on a weekend, inland or along the coast/beach?
- If you could pick one vegetable (or fruit) you had to eat for every meal, which would you choose?
- Favourite country that you have visited?
- Best day of your life thus far?
- What skill have you learnt to do since you have become a blogger?
- Apart from family, friends – what is the one thing you miss the most when traveling?
- What is your dream (definition for yourself) for your blog adventure?
Questions I got from Lena
- What book has made the biggest impression on you? The books I read are more mystery, murder type novels. But after reading Mark Bowden’s Killing Pablo, I felt a strong urge to visit Colombia. I visited in March 2017 and fell in love with this country and would love to go back for several months and live like a local.
- Beach or mountain? Beach. I have grown up by the ocean my whole life (I guess a lot of Aussies do). I love being close to it.
- What is your worst travel memory and why? I don’t feel I have a ‘worst travel memory’. But if I have to choose, I remember arriving in from the ferry (Ibiza to Valencia) about midday. I was backpacking so didn’t want to spend money to get to my hostel. So I walked… for about 3 hours in 45 deg celsius heat with my 17kg backpack. I got so lost but wasn’t going to pay for a taxi. I eventually got to my hostel and there was no wifi and air con wasn’t working. Ended up having to go to Macdonald’s for the free wifi. Was a hot, frustrating, annoying day haha.
- Who/what is your biggest blog inspiration? I think a lot of happy people in general are inspirations for me. If someone continues their journey and are happy and writing or vlogging great content it makes me admire them. That’s what I hope to keep doing, writing and creating great information for those that are interested to follow along with me.
- If you could have dinner with any famous person in the world who would it be? Matt Damon. I’m a fan and I don’t care to admit it. Not just with his stellar career in film but his ‘outside’ work of this. Standing up for what he believes in and the change in the world that he wants to see. Very inspirational.
- Winter or summer? Spring? Haha, I would pick winter if I had to
- If you could only have one same dish for the rest of your life what would it be? I think it would have to be avocado on sourdough with saute mushrooms. I would never get sick of that meal, especially the avocado – that’s life right there.
- Your best travel destination and why? Spain. I’ve always been fascinated by the Spanish culture (language, music, food, streets etc). I have traveled a lot in Spain and would love to live there. South America comes closely.
- Tourist destinations or off the beaten path? Both. I love to go to tourist destinations because that’s how I find out about places, LOL. But then when I am there I like to know what secrets and hidden gems there are that tourists don’t know about (the beaten path).
- Your dream destination and why? I feel this can change over time but if I am somewhere where Spanish is the native language (you see how obsessed I am, right) I would love it. Central America, South America or Spain.
- What are you most grateful for? Family. Very cliche, but very true. I am grateful that I constantly have their support and love. It motivates me and keeps me feeling loved and ambitious to work hard to make my dreams come true.
Thanks again to Lena from Travel Letters for the nomination and I cannot wait to read all my nominees answers etc on your post 🙂
Head to my blog homepage for more. Affiliate links are in this post.